Our interactive case studies present clinical scenarios with questions to help you reflect on your medical decision-making skills and improve patient care. Our online case studies provide:
- an engaging and flexible learning experience
- choice of access on computer or tablet, with seamless switching between devices
- immediate feedback from experts and peer comparisons to challenge your thinking
- best practice points to apply to your care of patients.
View learning outcomes.
Target audience: GPs
Open to: GPs, Pharmacists, Nurses, Students
CPD points: Self-directed CPD
View the topic summaries and learning outcomes here or click on a title below to start a case study.
- Anticholinergic burden: reducing the impact on older people (For pharmacists and nurses)
- Asthma: optimising control in children
- Blood pressure: measure, manage and monitor
- Chronic Pain: Supporting patients to taper opioids
- Diagnostic imaging in ankle and knee injuries
- Heart failure: Supporting patients in the community (For pharmacists)
- Intensifying treatment in type 2 diabetes
- Navigating inhaled medicines management in COPD
- Opioid analgesics: Safe use for acute postoperative pain (For pharmacists and nurses) – *** NEW ***
- Optimising rheumatoid arthritis treatment (For pharmacists)
- Optimising statin therapy
- Otitis media: Clarifying the role of antibiotics
- PPIs: reviewing treatment for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Practical tools for osteoarthritis management
- Preventing fractures: where to start with osteoporosis
- Safe use of opioid analgesics for acute pain in the Emergency Department (For pharmacists and nurses) – *** NEW ***
- Tailoring initial treatment in depression: Re-examining the options
- Taking action for acute low back pain
- Urinary tract infections: exploring antibiotic treatment
Continuing professional development
It is recommended that 1 hour CPD be recorded for the purposes of self-directed CPD.