Good Medicine Better Health - Hepatitis C
Good Medicine Better Health
Published: June 2022
This 15-minute module will give an understanding of hep C, including that it can be cured. The module aims to increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Health Practitioners knowledge and skills in:
- understanding the transmission risks for hepatitis C and the need for testing people for hepatitis C
- understanding that hepatitis C can be treated and cured
- communicating this knowledge with their clients.
Target audience: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and health practitioners
Other audiences: This module may have relevance for all healthcare staff working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people
Continuing professional development (CPD)
Select a category below to view CPD accreditation details
The National Association of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Practitioners has endorsed this activity with 0.5 CPD Hours
It is recommended that 0.5 CPD hours be recorded for the purposes of self-directed CPD.
Upon completion of the module the learner should be able to:
- identify at-risk groups that should be offered testing for chronic hep C
- list the transmission risks for hep C virus
- describe the barriers and stigma related to a hep C diagnosis
- explain that medicines are available to treat and cure hep C
- communicate confidently with your clients about hep C.