NPS MedicineWise Learning
The ePrescribing pathway in primary care
Learn how electronic prescriptions provide convenient, seamless and safe access to medicines from the point of prescribing to dispensing and supply.
Released 11 April 2022
View the learning outcomes (show/hide)
On completion of this case study you should be able to:
- explain what an electronic prescription is and where it is stored
- discuss the benefits of electronic prescriptions for patients, prescribers and dispensers
- outline how electronic prescription tokens are prescribed and dispensed
- describe how electronic prescriptions can be managed through an Active Script List
- summarise the security features and legislation that support electronic prescriptions.
Target audience: Medical and pharmacy students
CPD points: Self-directed CPD - view details
Continuing professional development and practice incentives
It is recommended that 1 CPD hour be recorded for the purposes of self-directed CPD.
Last modified: Monday, 11 April 2022, 11:01 AM