SafeScript – Be prepared: Health professional training workshop assessment
SafeScript – be prepared
Health professional training workshop: Online assessment for pharmacists
Target audience: Pharmacists who attended the SafeScript – be prepared health professional training workshops conducted by Victorian PHNs.
Restricted access: Workshop attendees will be provided with an enrolment key to access this course.
CPD points: Pharmacists – view details
On completion of the workshop and this assessment you should be able to:
- List key rationale behind the introduction of SafeScript to monitor supply of Schedule 8 and selected Schedule 4 high-risk medicines.
- Describe how the SafeScript system integrates into your workflow when prescribing/dispensing Schedule 8 and selected Schedule 4 high-risk medicines.
- Describe considerations to take into account, aside from a SafeScript notification or alert, when prescribing or dispensing a high-risk medicine.
- Identify appropriate steps to take when concerns arise about the safety of patients using high-risk medicines.
- Identify elements of best practice communication considering individual needs of patients when discussing high-risk prescription medicines.
Continuing professional development and practice incentives
Attendance at one of the SafeScript – be prepared health professional training workshops is required in order to qualify for CPD points.
This activity has been accredited for 2 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 2 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist's CPD plan which can be converted to 2 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 4 CPD credits) upon successful completion of the relevant assessment activity. Accreditation number N1902011AA